Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Quick Rewind

Morning After

As a seasoned fantasy basketball player, I'm usually pretty good about not freaking out early on in the year. And while I'm not quite in freak-out mode yet, I am definitely a little worried about Garnett this year. My observations from last night's game:

The Good: Got a healthy 36+ min and looked active and energized.
The Bad: He was mostly shooting jumpers and he seemed to have trouble boxing out Varejao for rebounds.
The Ugly: 5-15 from the field. 1-4 from the free throw line. 6 rebounds. 0 blocks. Not exactly the type of performance you'd expect from your first round pick.

But like I said, I'm not really worried yet. I'm hoping he was just caught up with the whole ring ceremony so here's hoping he bounces back on Friday against the Bulls.

Matchup Check

So my opponent has jumped out to a 7-1 lead, mostly because his team played four guys to my one last night. In looking at the breakdown, I think the cats that I will need to focus on to win this week will be TO, FG, STL, BLK and then hopefully two of the following three - FT, AST, 3's. At this point, I think I'll probably punt PTS unless someone on my team goes off tonight.

Lineup Choices

Tonight is a full slate of games so I won't be able to start everyone. I'm deciding between Peja, Brewer, Westbrook, Marquis Daniels and Moon and I can start three of them (players in red are the ones I'm leaning towards):

Peja - I'm surprisingly close in 3's (currently only down by 1) so I'm thinking about playing him tonight against Golden State and then reassessing after tonight's games.

Brewer - I like the STL's and FG but he's not going to help me anywhere else (not that he was in the first place).  

Westbrook - Could be huge in terms of 3's, STL's and AST's. But he could all kill my FG and produce a ton of TO's.  Plus he's got that pesky timeshare with Watson so I'm going to keep him on the bench for now.

Daniels - I'm not really sure what he's going to bring to the table while Dunleavy is out. In the preseason, he was putting big time numbers in 3's, REB's and STL's.  Detroit's not the best matchup in the world but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Moon - Apparently, he's going to start but that doesn't mean he'll get enough minutes to be productive. If he plays though, he should be a huge boost in terms of BLKS, STL's and REB's.  

I have a feeling I'm going to be tinkering with the lineup up until the last minute.

No comments: