Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Inaugural Dump

And we're off.

- I've been playing fantasy basketball since 1994, back when you had to manually calculate all points on your trusty TI-82.

- Since 1994, I have ONLY played rotisserie fantasy basketball, for the most part on Yahoo!

- I've always been good at fantasy basketball, but never great. I attribute this to the unhealthy sense of attachment I tend to develop for my players in any given season as well as a general aversion to trades.

- I used to think H2H was for impatient amateurs who valued instant gratification over the satisfaction that comes from long-term strategizing. I still feel the same way about H2H; the only difference is I now have decided to venture over to the dark side.

- In real life, I am a Lakers and Clippers fan (take a guess where I'm from), though I will openly cheer for my players even if they play for the other team.

- My fiancee (we'll call her "G") hates that I am into fantasy basketball/football and gives me dirty looks whenever I "talk shop" with anyone who shares a similar passion for fantasy sports. I make this up to her by letting her use 90% of our DVR for her chick shows and also by running an ungodly number of errands with her on the weekends.

- I decided to give H2H a try this year after a guy who I play real life basketball with decided to start a league.  The fact that the guy also happens to be my fiancee's ex-boyfriend only adds to the excitement. 

- As you all will soon come to realize, I am a big proponent of conveying my thoughts in list form whenever possible.

- This blog is merely an outlet for me share my thoughts on my experience with H2H fantasy basketball. Should tips, advice and pointers find their way onto this blog, definitely take them with a grain of salt.

Thanks for indulging me.

CP

No comments: