Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Head Scratcher

In an effort to bolster my lineup, I decided to propose the following trade:

My Peja

for

His AK-47

As I've previously mentioned, Peja is not a very good fit for my team, given his strengths (3's, PTS) and weakenesses (FG, REB, BLK). I decided to go after Kirilenko because he was strong in all the right cats plus the other team could actually stand to benefit from having someone like Peja (he also has Okur, Lewis and J-Rich). Logical trade right?

Well, the other guy ended up rejecting my trade today. Didn't give a reason why. As I was contemplating trying to come up with a different offer, I logged into my team and noticed that he had made the following waiver wire transaction:

Dropped Jason Richardson, Picked up Michael Finley

Uh ... hello? Dropping J-Rich and Michael Finley?

I seriously had to do a double take to make sure it was not Jerome Richardson or some other Richardson that I hadn't heard of before. But, no, it was indeed J-Rich from Charlotte. I was completely confused by why the guy would drop J-Rich for Finley. But before I let my confusion set in, I immediately put in a waiver wire request on him and now I'll just have to see if I can land him (I have the 4th waiver priority).

IF I am able to land J-Rich, that would significantly alter the makeup of my team. With J-Rich, Peja and Dunleavy, I would actually be strong in 3's. His scoring would also help me a lot more competitive in PTS. In other words, he would help my team A LOT. Just gotta keep my fingers crossed that the three managers with higher waiver priorities aren't paying attention (fat chance, I know).

EDIT: The guy apparently had some computer issues and "accidentally" dropped J-Rich.  I guess that's a logical explanation.  In the name of goodwill, the league has decided to let him pick J-Rich after he clears waivers.  Oh well.  I knew it was too good to be true.

No comments: